Re: steroid creams - where to get in the US?

Written by Jon at 20 Jul 2000 17:37:33:

As an answer to: steroid creams - where to get in the US? written by Victor at 20 Jul 2000 04:22:34:

>I live in Los Angeles, USA. I'm looking for steroid creams such as betamethasone
>to deal with phimosis. Are these legal in the US and where can I find them?

To get them in the US you need a doctor's prescription and then any pharmacy will have them. Since you live in L.A., you have another option. Go down to Tijuana and visit a farmacia, a Mexican drug store. Ask for "Dermovate," it's a topical steroid made by Glaxo. It isn't very expensive, when I bought mine (in Matamoros, across from Brownsville, TX) a few years ago it was only 66 pesos for a 40 gram tube which translates out to about $6.60 US. The only thing you need a prescription for in Mexico is a controlled substance - narcotics, not necessary for a steroid cream.

You can have a fun day in Tijuana and get the cream at the same time.

Use it a couple of times a day in very small amounts around the tight area at the tip of your foreskin (outside, not inside) - more is not better here, for a week, then in the second week, continue the small applications but also begin to gently stretch your foreskin back. Don't cause pain, gentleness will achieve the best result.

You'll see results by the end of the second week.

Answers:

ARC Forum1 Index / Archive
Communication and Contact are always welcome

Male Initiation and the Phimosis Taboos